The Forums @ Wolf-Net Forum Index The Forums @ Wolf-Net
Public and private forums for animal rescue groups.

AlbumAlbum  HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radio Promotions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Forums @ Wolf-Net Forum Index -> General Any Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deneedlee
Delta Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Radio Promotions Reply with quote

Matt Hirt, an applicant of ours, works in morning radio at Power 92.3. He has offered to let us go on the radio and do a promotional spot once a week and talk about our organization and talk about a dog that is up for adoption!! I think it's a great idea and would love to be able to do this! I first learned of rescue organizations by hearing about another group on a different radio station. His name on the radio is Mad Dog so we thought of calling it "Mad Dog's Dog of the Week". His studio is really close to my work so I should have no problem doing it or if Ann or Lindsay want to do it as well that would be cool too! So tell me if you like the idea and then we can get the logisitics all worked out!
lindsay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Radio show Reply with quote

Denee...I think it's a very good idea. We (Oona and I) were wondering how we could get the word out to folks about adopting/rescuing/spay/neutering/etc. As my time is very limited (obviously since I mostly up north), I think you should run with it. If I can provide you with any info, just let me know. Thanks!
Deneedlee
Delta Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad you like the idea! I really really want to do it because this is how I learned of resuce. I think Matt would like to have a dog brought in to the station so for the first time I thought I could bring my Jax because he was rescue that has compeletly changed my life! Then on following weeks it would be neat if we could bring in some of our dogs that are up for adoption! I think it would be a great way to get exposure!

I just wanted someone else to validate my idea and I will totally run with it!

Thanks Lindsay!!
mutts
Alpha Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Radio Program Reply with quote

Denee,

Please hold on your going on the radio. I believe all of the Directors and Officers need to discuss this and determine our approach and we apologize for not addressing this sooner. It appears to be a unique opportunity that we should carefully approach.

Meanwhile, could you develope an outline of what your presentation might consist of and either fax or email it to me? As Lindsay said any or all of us could assist you in developing some guidelines about what we want to get across.
Pam
Alpha Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we took Diego up to Matt, he was discussing the idea with us also. We think this would be a wonderful opportunity to get the ASHRA group 'out' there. The more people who hear about the group, the better, and maybe we could get some good homes for more of our dogs. You have our enthusiastic support in this!
Pam and John Himmelmann
Deneedlee
Delta Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven,
I would be more than happy to work on the outline of what the radio spots would consist of. I'll check with Matt's producer and get a time guide so we can know how much time we have to work on and I'll start the outline and get it posted into the forum for approval or changes to be made. Expect it to be posted this evening.
TheWolfen
Top Dog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Radio Reply with quote

From Steven:

Wow, thats fast! thanks.

I'll be out of town until Monday so, I'll take a look then. Otherwise, you could email it to me at stevenr@sonorandesertdesigns.com

Thanks again.
ann
Alpha Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Radio Show Format Reply with quote

I think that this would be an excellent educational opportunity. Rather than spend a lot of time promoting ndividual dogs, which could potentially attract the wrong type of applicant, I think we should use this as public education regarding dog ownership and dog rescue.

In each segment, we could throw out examples of dogs we have in rescue, what their history is, why we rescued them and what kind of homes they need. That will give listeners useful information in addition to letting the public knowing that we're out there and what kind of dogs we have available and what kind of applicants we're looking for.

Possible Topics:

1. Spay/neuter - pet overpopulation. Commitment of dog ownership.
2. What to do if you lose/find a dog, importance of licensing and microchipping. Dangers of off-leash dogs.
3. County Shelters - why dogs are there, what kind of dogs are there, what happens to dogs there
4. The importance of training a dog
5. Why purebreds need rescue - what rescue groups do. Why Siberians need rescue. What rescue groups do and what they don't do.
6. Reasons that people "need to get rid of" dogs and how to work through these problems instead of giving up
7. Special needs dogs
Oona
Omega Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Ann's approach.
Deneedlee
Delta Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too!! I have a call into to Matt and into his producer so I can get a general time line in place and then I'll be working on the outline as Steven requested the ya'll can "tweak" it as needed and we can go from there. I really like Ann's idea of talking about the rescue organization first and why the dog's are given up and such to educate the public first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Forums @ Wolf-Net Forum Index -> General Any Topic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: