The Forums @ Wolf-Net Forum Index The Forums @ Wolf-Net
Public and private forums for animal rescue groups.

AlbumAlbum  HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Loss of Kodiak Rogers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Forums @ Wolf-Net Forum Index -> Sibe Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mutts
Alpha Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: The Loss of Kodiak Rogers Reply with quote

It is with great sadness that I report the loss of my first Siberan family member.

This morning, Kodiak suffered what was termed a "systemic seizure". I am not sure how far into the seizure he was when I found him but, I could tell it was different from the rest. I rushed him to the emergency vet where he was stabilized. The plan was to leave him for a 48 hour recovery/observation period. However, just as I left the ER room, the vet called me back in because his heart had stopped. They speculate that his high temperature (110 degrees) decimated his organs and caused failure. After about 10 minutes of unsuccessful attempts to restart his heart, I made the decision to stop all efforts.

We were fortunate to have the "big dog" in our lives for what would soon have been 9 years. I was equally fortunate to be with him in his final moments, speak into his ear and have the oppourtunity to spend some time with him after he had passed.

We'll miss ya "Mr. Biggs", until we meet agian.
lindsay
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Kodiak Reply with quote

I'm very sorry Steven.
TheWolfen
Top Dog

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad news, Steven. I'm sorry to hear it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Forums @ Wolf-Net Forum Index -> Sibe Stories All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: