The Forums @ Wolf-Net Forum Index The Forums @ Wolf-Net
Public and private forums for animal rescue groups.

AlbumAlbum  HomeHome   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hey all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Forums @ Wolf-Net Forum Index -> General Any Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkisonoma
Wolf Pup

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: hey all Reply with quote

I have met some of you all at the washington park weekend get-togethers. I adopted nikki from ashra and she has proven to be a great addition to my household. She is an incredible worker, pulls hard and constantly during our walks (I encourage this being that is her job). The old boy has had a bit more of a swagger in his step now, and has taken to her so well. He has always been a bit of a loner, but recently I have seen him take an interest in nikki's well being keeping an eye out for her etc.
I took the two of them on vacation for a week up to N.Nevada and Tahoe to show Nikki some of Sonoma's old stomping grounds. It was snowing most of the time and they LOVED it! We went on 4 long walks out in the elements (it was 6 degrees on new years morning) along with lots of other short jaunts, subsequently, the drive back to phx was VERY quiet. I don't think nikki had ever seen such big country before and seemed to really enjoy it. I put the packs on nikki, and she took to them right away like she had been wearing them all her life. I am convinced sibes will do anything for you, you just have to know how to ask them.
I was thinking does anyone in the group has any experience with sledding? if so I would really like to see it in action or even try to get a bunch of people together and give it a shot. I have a few contacts to get proper sledding harnesses (they are about as cheap as the pseduo harness pet's mart sells), it might not be too late this year to get something together!
Take care all
WOO
Duncan
mutts
Alpha Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Sledding Reply with quote

Duncan,

Although I do not have as much time as in the past, I have been involved in recreation mushing for a few years. When I do get a chance, a group trains with bikes and carts at the Reach II recreational area, just north of Union Hills and Tatum Roads. (it runs along the CAP canal).

I do have a sled and have used it a few times. There is a supplier in Pennsylvania that I get all of my stuff from. I think Lindsay has purchased some things from her too. It is called Reesha Sled Dog Equipment.

Anyway, I would be glad to discuss any aspects of mushing, from a novice point of view of course.

Also, Mushing Magazine is a great one to subscribe to. They have a website too. Probabally Mushing.com or something like that.

Steven
ann
Alpha Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Hi Duncan! Reply with quote

I remember you - I talked to you on the phone a couple of times but never met you. Coincidentally I just got of the phone with Regan, Nikki's foster mom. She'll be glad to hear that she's doing so well and has such an active dad. Send pix if you can.

Ann
TheWolfen
Top Dog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Welcome to the forums Reply with quote

It's always good to hear from an adopter! Glad to hear everything is going well.

Good news! We have snow in Flagstaff! It's been snowing like mad up here this evening. I think we might hit a foot of new snow south of town, and I expect that the sledding areas around the Peaks are doing great too!

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Forums @ Wolf-Net Forum Index -> General Any Topic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: